Thursday, April 07, 2005

GREAT MOMENTS OF HUMANITY

I have a confession to make. My greatest pleasure in life is seeing the manifestation of human generosity - acts of extraordinary kindness or goodness. I'm referring to the generosity of Australians of all walks of life, who look after the welfare of the African refugees in their midst; helping them with the basic necessities of life during the early days of arrival.

I really admire those who open their hearts and minds to the new residents; welcoming them to the community and trying to make them feel comfortable in the new environment.

My heart goes out to those who spend their precious time, energy, and resources to help the “Lost Boys” come to terms with life in the city of light; thereby facilitating the resettlement process.

No comments: