Friday, May 14, 2010

My Neighbour's Precious Hand

i take my
neighbor’s precious hand; feeling
the divine symmetry
of motion, the gentle flash of love
particles contained

the laughing
waves of passion reveal the new
galaxies of desire

she glows
into my life like a poem
energizing my
soul; illuminating the inner
core of my being

we build a new Eden
on the scarlet wings of reason
this sweetest night

now, I pluck the
divine petals of wonder with glee
rousing the autumn rose


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

6 comments:

CiCi said...

The way you describe a hand as precious shows how dear this person is. I know the thrill of someone energizing your soul. The best part to me in this poem is building a new Eden. That makes is new and rock solid and on firm ground.

African Refugees said...

Thank you for your insightful comments, Technobabe. Much appreciated!

insect repellent said...

I am very happy to see a blog like this. It is very interesting. Keep it up! Nice Articles.

African Refugees said...

Thank you!

James said...

Not just your words, but the sound of the words adding so much.

Nubian dude...

Perfect.

African Refugees said...

Thank you, James.