Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Sacred Seed of Hope

like the fledgling eagle
of the realm, I fled the sorrows
of the ancient land
under the cover of darkness; going into exile
beyond the silver sea where dreams come true

yet, the powerful
currents of time envelop me in the cold
light of dawn
just as the purple flower of the heart blossoms
in earnest; carrying the sacred seed of hope

you anointed my
body with your kisses sublime
fanning the flame
of true love in the blissful
places of the heart

bathed in the Light
we melt into each other in the nick of time…
two souls become one
and a new life emerges: what an
overwhelming sense of joy!

pain and anguish
dissolve in the ferment of the moment
as the little drop of heaven
falls on my pillow; dancing with my
dreams; purifying my soul

intoxicated with love,
i crow like the golden cock in the
crack of dawn
breaking down the barriers…
awakening the inner fragrance of desire

now, I plant
my roots, firmly, in the crystal
heart of passion
rekindling the flame, the scarlet
light of love within

© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

6 comments:

CiCi said...

Hi Fancy. You know I always love to read your poems. There is strength and joy in this one. Oh yeah, and wonderful love. The way you describe togetherness is so much better than many poets. I am attracted to the part about a new life. As you know, that is what my life has been about the past five years. I like the way you say you plant your roots firmly in passion. Happy New Year to you and yours, dear friend. My hope is that you see many more refugees granted a safe place to live and that they too may learn the joy of a new life. Your heart for you fellow human beings is an example to us.

African Refugees said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments, Technobabe. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

CiCi said...

Happy New Year to you too.

Jacqui said...

What a truly beautiful poem - it brought tears to my eyes. "The little drop of heaven falls on my pillow; dancinng with my dreams; purifying my soul" is simply exquisite.
I wish for you a wonderous New Year filled with laughter, sunshine and the gentle, affectionate love of those whom are cherished deep within your heart . Jacqui

Jacqui said...

What a truly beautiful poem - it brought tears to my eyes. "The little drop of heaven falls on my pillow; dancinng with my dreams; purifying my soul" is simply exquisite.
I wish for you a wonderous New Year filled with laughter, sunshine and the gentle, affectionate love of those whom are cherished deep within your heart . Jacqui

African Refugees said...

I appreciate your comments, Jacqui!

Happy New Year!!