Thursday, March 10, 2011

After the Deluge


after the deluge
the moon dances to the mesmerizing
rhythm of the earth…
the glorious sound of kissing
in the ‘hood

true love
blossoms before my eyes
burying my sorrows

the ancient land renews
itself with the love molecules of desire
the hidden language of hope

the cock crows and
the delicate beauty of the realm
flutters
in the wind
stirring the heart

your sweetness
flows through my precious veins
like the river of heaven

now, my heart leaps
for joy as the nightingale sings;
presenting an
audacious face to the retreating
back of the King Tide

i spend the new dawn
meditating on the wonders of nature
the eternal wholeness of being

the endless flame
of passion purifies my soul
this joyful day
i thrive on the embers of love divine
tasting your nectar

© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo



2 comments:

CiCi said...

This is beautiful, Fancy. It is encouraging to hear your words and that you are still in wonder of nature after the long time nature pounded your part of the globe. And I am always happy when you write a post.

African Refugees said...

Thank you, Technobabe. It's wonderful to hear your voice again.