Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pathway to Survival


the new door opens
and the Future
draws my soul into
her luminous orbit
pulling me back
from the brink
with delicate fingers

basking in the light
i discover
the inner
secrets of life
the true
depth of love
in the age of enlightenment

i smooth the rough
edges of reason as
imagination
colours my yearning…
i liberate my mind; finding
an immediate solution to my
years of anguish

i soar
like the hum of the cosmos
like this muse of desire
feeling
the sublime
power of your essence
in the womb of creation

behind the delicate winter scene
you dance
with great passion; sharing the light…
pushing the boundaries
of desire as the wind blows
my heart beats
like the talking drum of destiny

happiness runs through
my veins like this river of time
just as I conquer the fear of adversity
i find the pathway to survival
in Terra Australis
a silver lining
even in the darkest cloud


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

2 comments:

haiku-shelf (Angelika Wienert) said...

Light and darkness. A well created poem!

May the light be the winner!
Light for everyone on earth! Hope for a good future!

CiCi said...

Truly lovely and tender and sweet writing. From the heart.