Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Hungry Soul


you are the living
treasure of desire
the grain of joy
feeding my hungry soul
in the moist hour

you are the starry night of nights
that sings to me
as i quiver in you with delight
moulding the fecund universe
under the colourful light

i morph into your essence
as we celebrate the passion
of the dreamtime
massaging the paradigm with tears of joy
turning winter into summer

i taste a spoonful
of your beauty
in my darkest hour of need
finding solace
in your sweetness

your sublime fragrance drops
like honey on my pillow
like petals of glory at dawn
renewing my hope
on the fragile canvass of life

i tame the bees in silence
conquering the flowering
branch of the heart with glee
as your kisses burn through my dreams
oozing the divine metaphor



© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

No comments: