Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Inner Light


i emerge from
the black hole of the realm
like the blooming flower
of desire
carrying the golden seeds
of life foretold
the inner light
of dreaming
in the parallel universe

i step into my new life
like a speck of light
from the wiser world
cuddling the moon
that, singlehandedly, rescues
me from the wreckage
of the old paradigm

and now i defy the tsunami
of negativity in the ‘hood of complexity
pushing the boundaries of reason
with a wonderful diet
of living metaphors
as your divine essence
runs through my veins

you find your way
into my
lonely heart; turning on the light
with such tender touch
and with such love and care
in the moist hour

you lift my spirit
with the forbidden fragrance
of wonder
opening a new world of fun
under
the wings of nostalgia



© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

No comments: