Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Conversation with Lilliana Zacarias

When Lilliana Zacarias, a young girl from Malawi, arrived in Australia just over two years ago, she saw nothing but a golden opportunity to improve herself. Here’s a brief summary of my conversation with her.

Fancy: How long have you been in Australia?

Lilliana: I have only been here for two and a half years.

Fancy: What do you like most about this country?

Lilliana: Multiculturalism! I really like the lifestyle and the ethnic mix. There are people here from all over the world.

Fancy: What is your favourite food?

Lilliana: Fish. I like fresh fish. (Smiling like an angel)

Fancy: Favourite drink?

Lilliana: Any fruit juice!

Fancy: Favourite read?

Lilliana: I like inspirational books and my favourite author is Myers Monroe.

Fancy: Do you have any favourite music?

Lilliana: Gospel, R & B, and Rap – depending on my mood!

Fancy: What is your favourite TV program?

Lilliana: The Simpsons.

Fancy: What is your ultimate goal in life?

Lilliana: I want to make a significant advancement in life. And I want to achieve my goal of one day working as a qualified doctor or registered nurse. But overall, I want to be the best that I can be in this life and with my personal relationship with God.

Fancy: What would you do to improve the life of African refugees in Australia?

Lilliana: I would like to spend some time listening to their stories and assisting them with their needs. Furthermore, I would like to encourage all refugees to go for their dreams and to become educated so that they can achieve financial independence and help others who are suffering back in Africa.

No comments: