Monday, May 26, 2014

Longing for Home


each moment
of longing for Home
brings a torment
of some kind
a fracture
of the soul

the thought of divine love runs
through my veins
like the river of destiny

i search for the truth
in Terra Australis
stirring the lonely hearts

your lustful ways
become
something
of a novelty
a luscious taste of heaven
feeding my longing

hope jumps on me like
a shooting star
caressing my humble soul

joyful sound in Light Square
urgent dream
of the autumn leaf

a speck of light
on the dark
side of the moon
cultivating
the vivid colours
of the mind


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

1 comment:

CiCi said...

I can't relate to a longing for Home, constant moving has given me the view of an Everywhere Home.

This writing of yours shares glimpses of a hopeful mind and heart. If someone can live in this world and still spring forth some hope, they have a pure heart indeed.